Music Festivals have become one of the most popular ways for audiences to consume music over the past decade. The big, popular festivals—Lollapalooza, Coachella, Warped Tour, and SXSW aren’t the only shows featuring outstanding artists both new and established. While many spring festivals have already wrapped up in the hotter, southern states, a host of others are right around the corner. Read on for our top picks of the summer festival circuit.
Gorge, Washington’s Sasquatch! Festival is this weekend, May 23-25, and will feature some huge names like MIA and Outkast as well as newer popular artists like Foster the People and Kid Cudi. EDM fans can catch the Electric Daisy Festival this weekend in NYC or Mysteryland in Bethel, NY. Southerners still have a chance to catch some amazing acts at the Bayou Country Superfest May 23-25, as well, in Baton Rouge. If you attended New York’s Governors Ball last year on Randall’s Island, you’re sure to meet with sunnier skies if you attend this year—the 2013 festival weathered a tropical storm. Manchester, TN’s Bonaroo features a lineup this year that rivals even last year’s Paul McCartney, Bjork, and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers with classic greats from a younger generation: The Flaming Lips, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Lauryn Hill among many others. Dover, DE’s beautiful woodlands will host Edward Sharpe, Weezer, and Pretty Lights this year’s Firefly Music Festival in June. The start-up festival has a campground available and a lineup of great food, as well.
Essence Fest in NOLA on Fourth of July weekend features none other than Prince—a must-not-miss! The summer wraps up nicely in Chicago with Lollapalooza in August, and Riot Fest, a nearly two week long, indie-punk festival in September. If you can’t make the trek to Chicago for one last summer show, aim farther south and spend a weekend in the Dreamville campground at TomorrowWorld in Chattahoochee, GA, September 26-28. The festival debuted last year and incorporates international acts.
At EventD8, we couldn’t be happier with the increasing popularity of music festivals. We are here to support artists—both well-known and emerging—in supplying tickets, passes, wristbands, and more for festivals and concerts. Check out our newly redesigned website to see our latest designs, offers, and our new look!
Must-See Summer Festival Dates:
- Sasquatch! Festival – May 23-25, Gorge, WA
- Summer Camp Music Festival – May 23-25, Chillicothe, IL
- Bayou Country Superfest – May 23-25, Baton Rouge, LA
- Mysteryland – May 23-26, Bethel, NY
- Electric Daisy Carnival – May 24-25, NYC; June 20-22, Las Vegas, NV
- CMA Music Festival – June 5-8, Nashville, TN
- Governors Ball – June 6-8, Randall’s Island, NY
- Bonnaroo – June 12-15, Manchester, TN
- Vans Warped Tour – Multiple locations and dates
- Firefly Music Festival – June 19-22, Dover, DE
- Milwaukee Summerfest – June 25-29 and July 1-6, Milwaukee, WI
- Essence Fest – July 3-6, New Orleans, LA
- Pitchfork Music Festival – July 18-20, Chicago, IL
- Lollapalooza – August 1-3, Chicago, IL
- Newport Jazz Fest – August 1-3, Newport, RI
- Riot Fest – September 12-24, Chicago, IL
- TomorrowWorld – September 26-28, Chattahoochee, GA
Is your favorite festival missing from our list? Give us the details! Check in with us at the end of summer for 2014’s fabulous fall festival lineup.